Retail Warranty Policy - Effective 1/1/2012
- All products, excluding CDI boxes, are backed by Rick’s Motorsport Electrics’ one year replacement warranty.
- We require that all parts come back to us for inspection and testing prior to shipping out any replacement parts.
- Prior authorization must be obtained before returning any product for warranty. All return authorizations expire after 60 days.
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping and insurance charges. If your part is under warranty, it will shipped back to you at no charge.
- There is no warranty for gear tooth failure on starter motors.
- Warranty will be void if failure results from misuse of product or damage caused by some other improper action.
- Warranty will be void for misdiagnosis or customer error. If you are unsure of the parts you need, we can test your components for a $15-$25 test fee.
- We will replace any products, excluding CDI boxes, that fail due to manufacturer error. However, we cannot be responsible for any other damage or labor reimbursements.
- An original proof of purchase from Rick’s Motorsport Electrics must be provided in order to process any return. If you purchased a Rick’s part through a local dealer or other website, please contact them directly for any warranty. They will need to contact us and provide the original proof of purchase.